The First Official Disciplined Agile workshop in Italy
June 19 & 20, 2019 – Rome
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) is a rich toolkit that allows delivery teams to optimize their way of working (WoW) when delivering sophisticated agile and lean solutions in the enterprise. DAD builds on the existing proven practices from agile methods such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean software development, Kanban, Agile Modeling and others to include all aspects necessary for success in the enterprise. DAD fills in the gaps of mainstream methods by providing guidance on how to effectively plan and kickstart agile/lean teams as well as how to apply a full lifecycle approach, with lightweight milestones, effective metrics, and agile governance.
This workshop is not technical and is suitable for all team members, including business analysts and product owners. The workshop is also valuable for management tasked with moving from traditional approaches to agile methods.
Group exercises reinforce the many choices available as we help you to build your personal toolkit to immediately begin implementing DAD. Participants can expect to leave the workshop with a solid understanding of the DAD toolkit and how to apply it the next day in real-life situations. Public courses use a variety of scenario simulations for exercises. On-site private courses can use real team situations as the basis for their exercises which adds significant value to the workshop, in essence helping teams to understand new ways to improve their own performance.
This workshop is an excellent way to prepare for either the Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA) or Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner (CDAP) tests.
Participants receive a copy of Choose Your Wow! A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working, Ambler & Lines, 2019 . This book will be used as the basis for learning and for exercises throughout the workshop.
- IT and business practitioners who want to go beyond basics to understand how to apply Agile and Lean strategies in enterprise situations
- Agile delivery teams who want to take their performance to new levels
- Senior IT Management who want to gain a deep understanding of how to take a disciplined approach to agile solution delivery
- Agile practitioners who seek Certification in Disciplined Agile
- Completion of AG101 Agile Fundamentals, or
- Another agile certification such as Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or
- A good general understanding of the agile manifesto and experience in agile fundamentals such as Scrum
What You’ll Learn
- Discover how all aspects of software delivery – architecture, design, testing, programming, leadership, quality assurance, governance – come together in a cohesive whole
- Gain hands-on experience improving your way of working (WoW) in a variety of contexts
- Learn how to avoid costly agile adoption mistakes by starting with the right delivery lifecycle
- Discover how to tailor your WoW to reflect the actual situation you find yourself in
- Attendees earn the designation of Disciplined Agilist, with free first year membership and full benefits, a $50 US value
- One free Certified Disciplined Agilist test attempt when written within 30 days of the course end date, a $200 US value
- ** If you have earned your CDA designation prior to the start of the workshop, you will receive one free Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner test attempt when written within 30 days of the course end date, a $300 US value
- You can claim 14 PMI PDU’s
- Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) in a Nutshell. Learn why it is important to understand how to choose your way of working (WoW). Understand how DAD takes the discipline of mainstream agile methods to an enterprise level to address challenges such as distributed development, risk management, outsourcing, governance, and other more complex scenarios. Overview roles, rights, and responsibilities of DAD teams. Understand how the strategies of DAD are organized into Process Goals. Learn about the six lifecycles that DAD offers so that you can pick the approach that makes sense for each of your teams.
- Sustaining and Enhancing Your Team: This module covers the goals of Grow Team Members, Coordinate Activities, Evolve Way of Working (WoW), Address Risk, Leverage and Enhance Existing Infrastructure, and Govern Delivery Team.
- Successfully Initiating Your Team: Learn how to address the goals of Inception which include Form Teams, Align with Enterprise Direction, Explore Scope, Identify Architecture Strategy, Plan the Release, Develop Test Strategy, Develop Common Vision, and Secure Funding.
- Producing Business Value: In this module we cover the Construction goals of Prove Architecture Early, Address Changing Stakeholder Needs, Produce a Potentially Consumable Solution, Improve Quality, and Accelerate Value Delivery.
- Releasing Into Production: This module covers the goals of Ensure Production Readiness, and Deploy the Solution.
- Beyond development. Disciplined DevOps, Disciplined Agile IT, and the Disciplined Agile Enterprise.
- Tomorrow. A retrospective of how to apply what you’ve learned when you get back to work.
- Preparing for the Certification Test. We wrap up the workshop with some guidance for how to prepare for certification testing.
- Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Length: Two days – 14 hours of classroom time plus breaks
- Public or Private On-site
The workshop will be definitely confirmed 30gg before the event date or when we achieve the minimum numbers of attendee.
If the workshop will be cancelled, we will refund the buyer ticket.